Islamabad is about to get a lot busy in April with the 2018 Spring Festival heading to the city. The Spring Festival 2018 will be held in the capital city on the 6th, 7th and 8th of April and will feature a host of different family fun activities.
The Spring Festival hasn’t been held in Islamabad for many years and it is a welcoming change to see it coming back. This time the festival is being organized by the Interior Ministry of Pakistan with the help of various sponsors to make sure that citizens have enough things to do during the festival.
Currently, there are a host of different activities planned for the Spring Festival which includes food, musical festivals, Sufi-night, marathons and more.
Islamabad Spring Festival Day 1 activities
The first day of the festival will be held in Fatima Jinnah Park with some activities in Convention Center.
- Inauguration ceremony at Fatima Jinnah Park
- Band Display
- Horse Dance
- Folk Dance
- Family Gala
- Food Festival
- Kids Arena
- Musical concerts at Convention center
Islamabad Spring Festival Day 2 activities
- In the second day series of activities will be held across the city.
- Cycling competition from Marghazar Zoo to Damn-e-Koh
- Flower exhibition at Lake View Park
- Watersports – Lake View Park
- Arts and Crafts gallery at various avenues
Islamabad Spring Festival Day 3 activities
The third day will see a small marathon along with a dog show. The closing ceremony will also be held in the evening.
Marathon race of 5, 3 and 1 mile in Fatima Jinnah Park
Dog Show – Fatima Jinnah Park
Closing ceremony – Convention center